Are people so dumb not to realize that Pres Trump's "Go back where you came from," ...... A Figure of Speech?

Let alone a racist comment!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Rep. Rachida Tlaib is from Detroit. Can we deny that Detroit is broken and crime infested?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I don't know the answer in regards to being "dumb" as the explanation for reinterpreting a statement in an idiosyncratic way. But I do KNOW that the media and one's opponents WILL twist words and ideas to satisfy their (sometimes grotesque) needs. Have you noticed that other posters have avoided your question altogether?

• 6 months ago

Trump is a Racist

• 6 months ago

they are throwing any crap against the wall just to see if it it will stick. they were emboldened by getting his Hispanic cabinet member to resign. Just who is the racist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

"Go back where you came from," is what racists have been saying to non white people for decades, if you didn't know that I can only assume you were born yesterday.

• 6 months ago

It was a really dumb statement.

But then again those he directed it at, are not eloquent, articulate, not have any sort of public poise either. They come across as angry entitled and spiteful. Not the stuff of cultured statespersons either.

• 6 months ago

Those members of Congress hate America and have openly badmouthed America. They should be kicked out of Congress.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well they came from the US and it is is a country who's government is right now a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world...

• 6 months ago

Of course it was a figure of speech. Trump knows those four are not going back to their home countries.

But isn't EVERY racial slur a figure of speech? I'm not going to list off a bunch of racial slurs, but if you think of one, you'll probably figure out pretty quick that it's a metaphorical description of the target.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Only the sycophants who make up excuses for him think that....hint, hint.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.