Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

My dad turns 69 today. The older he gets scares me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

He is not old by today’s standards.

If he is reasonably fit and active, he can expect another 20 years or more

• Jim
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

I hate to break it to you but everyone gets older and eventually dies. You are old enough to realize this. Of course it bothers you to think about losing your Dad, but you can't dwell on it because it will happen, hopefully not for many years.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Unless you dad dies as a result of a terrible accident or he develops a terminal illness, you're not going to lose your dad any time soon. He probably has about 20 more years to go.

• Tj
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I hear you. There is nothing we can do about getting older. Just spend all the time you can together and cherish every moment. Make a list of things you want to ask him, like family history, etc. and ask him. I hope you have your dad for many years to come.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Do you have a question? You didn't actually ask one.

No one lives forever.

• 5 months ago

dying is part of lifes cycle, i lost my dad in 77 and mom in 80

• 5 months ago

My granddad is turning 82 in September. Unfortunately, everyone dies and unless he has a terminal illness you can't put a time frame on it. Enjoy him and be happy with the time you have.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Its completely inavpidable. One day he wont be there any more. Make the most of the time you have

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He's probably got another 2 decades to go....

• Don't worry. Be happy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.