Taking a trip to Berlin at 17. Getting drunk for the first time in my life. What should I expect?

I am from the United States where the drinking laws are exceptionally strict. I've never even had an alcoholic beverage during my lifetime but am ready for that to change. I intend to get pretty drunk, but not hammered. I am not planning on having a good time or bad time, though want to undergo the experience... show more I am from the United States where the drinking laws are exceptionally strict. I've never even had an alcoholic beverage during my lifetime but am ready for that to change.

I intend to get pretty drunk, but not hammered.

I am not planning on having a good time or bad time, though want to undergo the experience that practically everyone has gone through as a homo sapiens.

I want to remain as level-headed as possible, and every drink I take I want to pretend that it is not alcohol. Like a placebo, but the utter antithesis of the customary code.

As the intoxication augments, what shall I anticipate?
Update: @Anonymous I don't know what world you live in pal, but you can't initiate laws between separate jurisdictions.