I can no longer be alone without possession of a knife IN MY HOUSE!!! what should i do?

so whenever its night time or alone i needs to have a knife on me at all times. i no longer feel safe and i know this will sound silly, but i can sense something in my house at times. i cant trust anybody and refuse to put the lights off! the other day i heard footsteps in the house im certainly not making this up,... show more so whenever its night time or alone i needs to have a knife on me at all times. i no longer feel safe and i know this will sound silly, but i can sense something in my house at times. i cant trust anybody and refuse to put the lights off! the other day i heard footsteps in the house im certainly not making this up, i felt them coming closer ready to strike. all i could do is pause and listen to them slowly. ever since i always have had a knife with me. i no longer go outside cause it s even more unsafe.