Are white skinned people with black ancestry really black?

Could a person who’s Got a drop of black blood and the rest white really be regarded as a black person even if they have blonde hair blue eyes and white skin? In my opinion a black person has black skin a white person has white skin it’s impissible to be a black persons if you have white skin.

Race is largely a "social construct" more than a physical one. For all intents and purposes, Eminem is a really a "black man."

Theyll be regarded as whatever they look like tbh, thats how society operates

Ofc no, a white person is the one who hails from Europe and a black person is the one who hails from Africa. Enough Said!

Race politics are bs anyways. People should be judged by speach ans action, not blood relation

• Brian

Most actual Europeans, Africans and Asians score around high 90s to 100% African, European or Asian respectivley, Americans of these heritages tend to have a higher chance of mixed background, particularly Black and White Americans. So i would say if your 95% or more European on a DNA test then your a White person with some mixed ancestry, if however by the time you get to just 90% thats 10% other which could indicate a 1st great grandparent in which case i would conisder you mixed race (regardless of phenotype).Why because a greart grantparent isn't some distant ancestor. Only in America are mixed people labelled black, and the old term well.. everyone is mixed race is being proven wrong by DNA tests daily, having some Irish, Scandinavian and Polish ancestry doesnt make you mixed race if you dont have any African, Asian or Amerindian mixture etc..

Not necessarily. For example, my grandfather is Black but I am White. I took a DNA test and have 21 percent African Ancestry, yet I am still White. I have very light skin and straight brown hair whereas my grandfather has very dark skin and tightly curled hair. On forms, I mark my race as White. I do not do that because I deny my partial African heritage, it is just that if you look at me you can see that I am White rather than Black. Even when I get pulled over by police officers they mark my race as "White" on the description of my race. Think about it this way: If there was a predominantly Black person with 21 percent European ancestry, nobody would perceive that person as "White".

• Brian

I may not perceive a visually black person with 21% European as white?-ofcourse i wouldnt they are mixed race.

Why does it matter? Most countries in the world have stopped classifying people by apparent skin colour. In fact I know of only one that still does.

• Ludwig

Not always. They may be Cherokee.

I would say yes. There was a lot of black women that would only go for white men in an effort to breed out the blackness.

I am Black and never seen an all-Black person with blonde hair and blue eyes. I have a family member with blue eyes but not blonde hair and skin as light as someone White. My mother is lighter than most Whites I have seen and I consider her Black and she will tell you she is Black. If you consider a Black person not Black because they have light skin then you would really be mistaken and that would tell me you have not been around many Blacks. It's really dark skin Blacks out there that have more White ancestry in them than someone who is really light skin.and a lot of them. Genes are a tricky thing. Guess you wouldn't think I am Black either when I so am. Give me a DNA test and I can bet you it will come back overwhelmingly Sub Sahara African with a tiny fraction being another race. Black is not defined by what you consider to be attractive.

Well if that's not what you think then I apologize but I do notice it's a lot of people that think Blacks only look good when they have features like another race and if they find them attractive they want to consider them another race. Blacks come in a lot of different colors and features

• rebecca7 months agoReport

Who said anything about being attractive? That’s a very strange thing to say actually.