Would you use an electric scooter in the UK?

One blogger has died, but apart from that it appears to be a safe and efficient method of Green transport.

Favorite Answer

Not if you mean one of those electric scooters that look like a moped. You don't actually need a number plate, insurance or a licence but people keep getting stopped on them. If you mean one of those that look like a normal bicycle but are electric then I'm too heavy for them. I'm not interested in any sort of electrical vehicle until they make better batteries and until they get cheaper. They also need to work out a way for batteries to get charged as quick as it takes to fill a tank up. They will get there eventually.

• Katie

It is ILLEGAL to use them on public land (roads, pavements).

I dont know how much longer I am going to drive my car so may have to have one.

as I am going on new medication for Prostate cancer. I tried one but felt so stupid.

• Only indoors, for trips to the fridge.

• Blueiis

You lazy dog.

No, they could kill a pedestrian on the pavement and kill the rider on the road. Lethal.

Nope, I'm happy with my bicycle, keeps me trim

• Ludwig

Yes. They are perfectly safe for the user, as long as you stick to the pavement.

• Biff

Not anywhere where there are bus stops and lorries.