Why do people feel the need to be so inconsiderate?

Not too long ago, I posted a question asking if someone would be able to check over my answers for a biology assignment I was given to do over the course of the summer. I wasn't asking for the answers, and I honestly tried my best to answer every question properly. Much to my dismay, no one responded to my... show more Not too long ago, I posted a question asking if someone would be able to check over my answers for a biology assignment I was given to do over the course of the summer. I wasn't asking for the answers, and I honestly tried my best to answer every question properly. Much to my dismay, no one responded to my question, and so I re-posted each question individually (I understand now that this was unnecessary, but I'm not a patient person). Hours later, I finally got a few responses - and guess what? They're all incredibly rude. I was told to drop out before it's too late, that my answers were "fu*cking rubbish", and that they were all worth a failing grade. I understand that they aren't the best, but as a 14 year old girl who values grades more than her own life, and is incredibly sensitive in some cases, these claims really hurt me - even if they shouldn't have. So, why did they feel the need to say these things? I'm alright with constructive criticism, or even just being told to check over them again, but outright bashing me just hurts.
5 answers 5