How to help mentally ill person that doesn t want help?

Hi, I have a family member who has been quite odd for awhile now. She has claimed not to be depressed or anything, after her boyfriend broke up with her she just stopped going about her life. She dropped out of college stayed on the couch and has continued to stay on the couch all day long. She had gone 3 months... show more Hi, I have a family member who has been quite odd for awhile now. She has claimed not to be depressed or anything, after her boyfriend broke up with her she just stopped going about her life. She dropped out of college stayed on the couch and has continued to stay on the couch all day long. She had gone 3 months without a shower before her mom finally got her to shower. She has hit her mom in front of people. She once cut off the hair of a 5 year old because it was tangled and it bothered her. Recently she stabbed a family member. She still claims to be normal and I think her mom is just in denial. They both refuse to get her the help she needs. I think it starting to affect her mom she seems unhappy and cold hearted recently. Is there anyway to get her help without their approval. Our family is scared to what she can possibly end up doing to her mother. We think her mom might just be scared of her but we have no way to get through to her. Also the stabbing incident was to stay a secret until someone had ended up finding out. She didn’t tell anyone about her daughter stabbing someone, the only reason someone found out in the family is because the person who got stabbed told someone about it. She also always gives kids the I m watching you hand gesture I’m not sure what she means by that but I know shes not the nicest to kids shes around. Does anyone maybe have any idea what exactly could be going on with her. At first it just seemed like depression but has got worse.
1 answer 1