M
M asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 months ago

Are there any examples in media of an interracial couple whose race is not important to the story?

I tried to think of an example in TV or Movies but I couldn't name one. Are there any examples in media of an interracial couple who's race is unimportant to the story? The fact that their an interracial couple is never or rarely mentioned and they are treated just like a couple who are both from the same race. Can you name any examples?

The 1975 movie The UFO Incident... it's based on an alleged event that happened to an interracial couple in 1961.

• Steel

Actually, I can think of one immediately since it's one of my son's favorite shows! "Puppy Dog Pals" features a couple named Frank and Esther who are usually travelling the globe and end up crossing paths with the titular Bingo and Rolly. I never really thought about it myself until your question. Obviously, being a show directed at young children, nothing is made of it.

Plenty of examples in recent media.

The newer Spider-Man films never mention race in regards to Peter's interracial romantic relationships.

I see black and white couples in everyday commercials but it's hard to think of a movie or TV show where something wasn't made of it. Rashida Jones is biracial and played the gf of Paul Rudd's character in "I Love You Man," but she could pass for white.