Would it be better to use credit to pay something and then pay the balance off immediately then to pay for something without a credit card?

Would it be better to use credit to pay something and then pay the balance off immediately then to pay for something without a credit card? Because wouldn't you increase credit score whereas paying without credit would be the same thing but you don't increase credit score. So paying by credit would be a... show more Would it be better to use credit to pay something and then pay the balance off immediately then to pay for something without a credit card? Because wouldn't you increase credit score whereas paying without credit would be the same thing but you don't increase credit score. So paying by credit would be a better option right as you increase credit score and I am saying this in a scenario where you can pay off your balance immediately. This sounds like a dumb question becuase it probably is but I want to know the answer to it.