How do I approach this girl in church?

I go to this church where there's a lot of youth. of course, there's going to be separate groups and whatnot, but there is this girl there that is always alone. my mom told me that she saw her crying with her mom and the mother told her that she was crying because she felt left out and that the youth group... show more I go to this church where there's a lot of youth. of course, there's going to be separate groups and whatnot, but there is this girl there that is always alone. my mom told me that she saw her crying with her mom and the mother told her that she was crying because she felt left out and that the youth group always pushed her away. she's about 19, I think, and I'm younger. I understand what she's feeling because it is happening to me too but I'm used to it so I don't really care. My mom insisted on texting her to befriend her but the question is how? I'm awkward and I don't talk much in church.. after I text her a 'hi' what should I say? it'll be so sudden to text her, do you think I should start talking to her at church first? ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵃ ᵍᶦʳˡ ᵇᵗʷ...
3 answers 3