Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

How do I approach this girl in church?

I go to this church where there's a lot of youth. of course, there's going to be separate groups and whatnot, but there is this girl there that is always alone. my mom told me that she saw her crying with her mom and the mother told her that she was crying because she felt left out and that the youth group always pushed her away. she's about 19, I think, and I'm younger. I understand what she's feeling because it is happening to me too but I'm used to it so I don't really care. My mom insisted on texting her to befriend her but the question is how? I'm awkward and I don't talk much in church.. after I text her a 'hi' what should I say? it'll be so sudden to text her, do you think I should start talking to her at church first? ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵃ ᵍᶦʳˡ ᵇᵗʷ...

talking in person would be better than text

It's always best to talk face to face. That way you can gauge how the other person is taking it. With texts you just don't know. Say hello to her and start a conversation if you can. No need to tell her you know about her crying etc or say that you feel left out of the crowd - that can come later when you are both good friends. Just start with general innocuous chat and hopefully, if she responds to you, you can go on to suggesting a meet up outside church. If she doesn't respond to your overtures or want to talk to you - you cannot say you haven't tried.

Good luck.

Man up just be yourself be calm be kind and gentle to her it’s gonna be ok dude don’t worry -;)