Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment Β· 5 months ago

why parents treat older sibling like a king and treat the younger ones like cr.ap?

• Tim
    Favorite Answer

Because the ones that do

don't know how to be a parent.

Not in My case. Older kids like my sister and I got treated like 8 year old, but expected to act like adult.*

Some parents treat all kids equally, all like crap. Many are not prepared for the responsibility of having kids. Just being physically able to have kids doesn't mean Should.

Source(s): * Dad tried to "teach me " how to zip a zipper at 20. Got sore when I hollered in protest. Tried to tell me how to drive my car at 42--.when I'd driven my new Mazda 125K with No clutch problems. Nit only did he Not hassle my younger brother, he Helped him buy a car. Dad and I did a valve job on it as brother was "all thumbs".

Usually, it seems like its the older sibling that, due to being older and hence more mature and all, are expected to give way and have more patience and humility than the younger one.

Not true in my family.

Not every parent.

Parents tend to be more protective of the younger ones,

and perhaps the constant watching comes across as admonitions.

My youngest son was a terror and needed constant watching..

It's the other way in my family

• Ginger

First kid, first love, first priority....... unfortunately πŸ™„

It depends on the parents. Sometimes it’s the other way around.

It's usually the other way. Parents are more stricter on the older sibling and lenient on younger sibling. Younger siblings are more manipulative, immature and attention seekers. Whenever there are feuds between siblings, older ones are expected to be appeasers while younger siblings take advantage of the fact that parents do that, thus they're aggressive towards their older siblings.