Is diabetes linked to dementia?

I know it's not a laughing matter, but right now, my Diabetes is driving me demented because I can't get my sugar levels down and my D.Nurse is at me all the time.

No but they claim diabetics have a higher chance of dementia because of uncontrolled sugar levels, basically if we don't control out diet we get artery problems at an earlier age which can put us at a higher risk of vascular dementia just the same as anyone with high blood pressure is. Being diabetic is not an illness it just means we have a chance of all the problems an elderly person gets but we are at a higher risk of getting then when younger. I have been type 2 diabetic for about 10 years and I and fit and healthy and 62 years old.

It has been proved that fructosis leads to mental retardation. And fructosis is often used by diabetics.

• Cammie

I'd like to see your research please .