Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Is it true that most friendships and social circles are made through high school and generally school years?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think friendships, and social circles can start to seriously develop after someone has finished school.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Z
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I doubt it's true. In life, you'll be lucky to bump into someone you went to school with or new in college (except if you're attending a reunion). The most important and meaning relationships you'll have will be with like-minded people that you meet in life's journey. If by the time you're 40 you still have the same friends you did in high school, then it's either because your personality hasn't evolved, your life hasn't been eventful, or you're just hanging on to them for old time's sake (but you really don't have much in common any longer).

• Marla
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. Like others have said, school friendships tend to be unavoidable, most people are packed with the same kids for years and you make do.

Most lasting friendships are made at college, university, or later in life.

• 6 months ago

False

unless you grow up and live your whole life in one place.

Most people find friends in early adulthood, through university/work/adult hobbies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Friendships that form in your school years are friendships borne from circumstance rather than from outright choice.

Once you move on from education into working life these friends also tend to move on and these friendships fade away to be replaced with these friendships of choice. Not always, just generally.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

False.

Not everyone can make friends from school.

• 6 months ago

No. I live a long way away from where I went to high school and college. Most of my friends are people I've met at work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.