Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 7 months ago

How to reduce blood pressure IMMEDIATELY?

So I got a little mad and took a gram of caffeine and now I'm vomiting, panicking, and I feel like my heart is about to pound out of my chest and that my blood pressure is way too high...

Can someone tell me how to reduce my blood pressure immediately so I can have a sense of relief and calm down a little bit?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Drink plenty of water.

• Login to reply the answers
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Caffeine overdose? It's like you gulped 5 espressos in one sitting! Man, that's totally reckless of you. If you're that worried, go to the hospital now.

The jitters is a symptom of caffeine overdose and so is the high blood pressure. Run, jog, jump on a trampoline. Expend all your energy. After a couple of hours, you'll still be awake. Watch a movie marathon while on a stationary bike. Don't forget to rehydrate (drink water) now and then. Water, plain water, is your best friend at the moment. You need to dilute the caffeine in your system and flush it out. If you feel like peeing, do so with gusto. It's working. Drink lots of water again afterwards. If you feel your heartbeat is still rocketing upwards, you really need to get to the hospital fast.

• 7 months ago

panicking is definitely not going to help and only going to make it worse. if you can, lie down and try to do some breathing exercises to calm down. or maybe call someone you're close with and have them talk to you, as that might be calming. just ask them about their day or how they're doing. it might be a really good distraction. if this persists, you should probably contact somebody and tell them, whether that be a family member so they know what's going on or a doctor/hospital so you can get checked out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.