Joel asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

Should I watch The Blob from 1958 or should I just not watch it?

I do own the movie and I am the biggest fan of the remake from 1988 but should I watch the original one or should I just not watch it?

Favorite Answer

Yeah go for it. I want to watch it too.

• Olive

The 1988 movie The Blob was fairly good movie tho never seen the original so couldnt say about that one

Just not watch it

• keerok

It is totally up to you. Some people get their kicks watching the original for historical purposes or for plain bragging rights. Others hate the old version. Not just cool enough for them. Now, where do you stand?

Yes. Watch it. It's a good movie.

• When you watch old movies like that, you need to keep it in your mind that the acting styles will be different. It's usually much more dramatic, in that everybody reacts in animated fashions to what's going on around them. But they are a treat to watch, mainly because they were made cheap and they were made to only be in theaters for a few weeks before being replaced by the next B-movie. A wonderful time for film!

Yes, watch it.