Does this break UK GDPR regulations?

In the last couple of months I have needed 2 doctors appointments. One was booked for 2:40pm and the second was for 4:10pm the following week - these were the only times available. While I was waiting for my 2:40pm appointment I took a turn for the worst and had to visit a walk in centre for quicker treatment.... show more In the last couple of months I have needed 2 doctors appointments. One was booked for 2:40pm and the second was for 4:10pm the following week - these were the only times available. While I was waiting for my 2:40pm appointment I took a turn for the worst and had to visit a walk in centre for quicker treatment. Throughout the day I tried to contact my GP surgery to cancel the 2:40pm appointment I had originally booked however I spent over 2 hours on hold throughout the course of the day. The time for the appointment had come and gone however I still tried calling them as I needed to rebook for the following week to get a follow up appointment. It wasn’t until 1 hour and 10 minutes after the appointment when I was able to get hold of someone. So I rebooked for the following week. 1 day before the rescheduled 4:10pm appointment, I required hospital treatment for the condition I was struggling with, and could therefore not make that appointment either. I called and called and called all day but nobody answered. I then sent an email to cover my back.

Fast forward a week... my parents have received a letter addressed to them asking why I didn’t make my last two appointments! The letter also lists the dates and times of the appointment along with the symptoms I was suffering from. This was something I wanted to keep to myself and wasn’t planning on telling anyone.

...continued...
Update: Is this allowed? I know my doctor has an obligation to check up on my well being but surely they should try to contact me first? I could understand if I was a child but I’m verging on 30 years old! The only reason I wasn’t able to inform them that I needed to cancel the appointments was because they never picked... show more Is this allowed? I know my doctor has an obligation to check up on my well being but surely they should try to contact me first?

I could understand if I was a child but I’m verging on 30 years old!

The only reason I wasn’t able to inform them that I needed to cancel the appointments was because they never picked up the phone! This has been a long running issue and the gp surgery has received a lot of negative feedback online regarding this.

Is this legal, and what should I do about this?