patty
patty asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 6 months ago

does Harry and William have anything to do with Diana's brother their uncle?

• Edna

It's said that Harry & William are close to their aunts (Diana's sisters). But they probably don't have the opportunity to see a lot of their uncle. He doesn't live in England. He lives in South Africa and has for a number of years.

Earl Spencer lives in South Africa last i read and from the mass murdering of the white farmers by the natives there and the theft of their land i don't think Harry marrying a relative of these people would go down well with him, my opinion not fact

• Ann

He attended both of their weddings. However, his promise to care for them as their mother's "blood family" seems to have fallen flat. He lives in Africa, for one thing. The boys have continued to live in the U.K. They seem to see their mother's sisters far more than him.

• Clo

William and Harry see Earl Spencer's children more than they see him, I think. The two princes also see their aunts much more than they see Earl Spencer. They do have some contact with him, but not frequent contact.

From what I've read over the years, there are possible two reasons why there isn't more frequent meetings. One is that Earl Spencer refused Diana's request to stay on the Althorp estate as her country house escape from Kensington Palace; after the divorce, Diana no longer could use Highgrove House. Another reason is the eulogy Spencer gave at Diana's funeral. He said some fiery things about the Windsors, promising to care for William and Harry. It wasn't his place to raise the boys; Charles finished raising his children and Lady Sarah and Lady Jane were also there to represent the Spencers more than their brother.Harry and William are close to all their Spencer cousins--children of their aunts and uncle.

Why would Royals have anything to do with my brother Jerry?

Like another answer says and before I read the answer, I immediately thought of the funeral speech of Earl Spencer. As for there being no photos, he did say he would give them privacy and doesn't have Althorp park open to the public all year round, in fact it's only open for a couple of months a year and with days here and there in those months where it is closed. Nobody knows when the royals visit these estates privately, sometimes it's revealed only after they have been or often not at all.

• PAMELA

Yes, they see him quite a lot.

• Big Dianne6 months agoReport

How the hell do you know, do they come around for tea to your caravan.

Yes, they meet on occasion but, I think he was "frozen out" by the Windsors. He made promises at his sister's funeral, that he was obviously unable to keep. Their upbringing had very little, if nothing, to do with him, it was the responsibility of their father, NOT their uncle.

He was absent from the christening of Harry's son, while his aunts (Diana's sisters) were there. I heard some of the royal family was offended by his eulogy at Diana's funeral and are still not happy about what was said.

He promised to look after Diana's boys, in no uncertain terms, at her funeral. Since then, I have rarely seen any photos to suggest he's around so although they probably do have contact with him, I doubt it's significant. He recently popped up in a documentary (TV) about Charles 1. I think he's written a book on the subject.

Later - I know it's The Sun, but this article may explain what's been going on - check out the photo of Diana kissing her brother - Harry???!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9502152/prince-harry...