How can I get my co worker off my back?

So I’m a 21 year old guy. I just bought a brand new sports car about two months ago. I’ve got a co worker in his 50s I work with several times a week. Now, I do like the guy, and he’s my bud at work, has been for years, but he keeps asking me for a ride in my car. I keep saying that I will but I don’t have time. Which frankly is true, but I just don’t want to give him a ride. There’s something “off” about him to be honest and I don’t want to be buds outside of work. Just my gut feeling. Any ideas? I’m bothered by this. He also likes WAY too many of my social media posts on Twitter. He keeps asking to ride in my car and I’m getting annoyed and frankly again, there’s something “off” here in my gut. The guy does live alone and is much older than me. I understand I might just be a “cool” person but something is strange here. What do you think? I want to be diplomatic and kind, maybe just keep saying “sometime”?

• Z
    Favorite Answer

I must say, I really admire your ability to honour your gut feelings, most people are in the habit of ignoring their inner warning system, and then you see them up on Yahoo Answers whinning about things going wrong in their lives.

Nevertheless, having already sensed that something is "off" about this guy, you shouldn't have allowed yourself to become 'buds' with him at work. So, unless you REALLY need his support in your work, it might be wise to begin to distance yourself from him in the office. Limit your conversations to a simple hello when you pass by him and, hopefully, your office closeness will gradually begin to fade. As for your car, you could try using your "principles" as an excuse - because no one can argue with a person's principles. For example, you could say: "I really wish I could, but my personal principle is not to fraternize with co-workers outside work. I hope you understand?".

• Tj

He wants you. wants to play hide the salami.

Yes, just keep saying Sometime and never actually invite him to share your vehicle. If you ever do or are pushed into a corner that you can't get out of, have a friend or friends in the car too so you aren't alone with him.

Tell him you only give rides to woman.

• keerok

Don't be his bud at work. Just be civil and try not to be alone with him. Always keep busy doing something and talking with someone else when he's around. Just don't give him the chance to talk with you and never ever get him in your car. Make up reasons.

are u or are u not gay? if u re not gay u stop telling him sometimes. tell him u do not give rides to males in your car, only females. see where that will go. i mean can't u tell if a man is gay or not? maybe he genuinely just wants a ride in a sport car

Do the guy a favour if he wants a ride in your car take him out in it, one day straight after work and then drop him off outside work. That may well be the end of it.

It's not as if he's asking to move into your place Is it?