Two 6,000 btu ac's or one 10,000 btu ac?

I am the janitor/handyman at a library. They have two 5,000 bttu window ACs in the main room which is 25x50. This is way too small and one crapped the bed over the weekend. The director is cheap and dumb. There is a 5,000 btu ac at a local grocery store on sale for $120. She tells me to get one. I say it is not... show more I am the janitor/handyman at a library. They have two 5,000 bttu window ACs in the main room which is 25x50. This is way too small and one crapped the bed over the weekend. The director is cheap and dumb. There is a 5,000 btu ac at a local grocery store on sale for $120. She tells me to get one. I say it is not enough. So she says get two and put the old one in her office. She doesn't get it, two 5,000 btu units are not enough, new or old. I don't think she understands they are different sizes. I tell her we should get two 8,000 btu ACs at Walmart for $220 each. She says out of the question, too much money. I say how about two 6,000 btu for $178 each? Maybe. She says lets split it and do one for $178 and one for $120. I stood my ground.
I tell her 8,000 by the front door and 6,000 in the back. The place will be reasonably cool, but not even below 78 most days. Lately it has been 83-85 and they run day and night. I tell her the new 8,000 will use less electric than the antique that still works. She has to talk it over with the board president. This is just dumb. Any chance two 6,000s will keep it 78 and not run day and night? Trash the other antique, put a $120 in her office would be best. If I win this battle, will I deliver what I said? If I don’t probably no raise. My last raise was in 2015.
Update: It went from bad to worse today. The other one failed. Both were manufactured in 1983! The grocery store had one 5,000 btu left, so I grabbed it. They ordered a 6,000 btu for $180 because none for a 20 mile radius. It will be here Monday or Tuesday. They closed today at noon. 2 hours a day until Monday. Saturday is... show more It went from bad to worse today. The other one failed. Both were manufactured in 1983! The grocery store had one 5,000 btu left, so I grabbed it. They ordered a 6,000 btu for $180 because none for a 20 mile radius. It will be here Monday or Tuesday. They closed today at noon. 2 hours a day until Monday. Saturday is supposed to be 98, the will close. They have not passed a budget since 2015, so they are extremely under funded. They only passed one small budget increase in 10 years.