Where is the best place to go camping?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Toruko
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

I use Google Earth to locate my camping. Out of a boat launched at ocean or river frontage.

One favorite research area is the Sacramento River. Yesterday I found a vacated structure,

Open front door. Concrete slab fixed support. Corrugated metal exterior. Two story as the

river is subject to seasonal rise and fall. Locate at south end of a drainage canal perfect for

shallow draft craft. One metal outbuilding and probable for secure jeep storage, Chimney

on low and high roof suggesting wood stove heat for both. No foot trail or road seen nor

outside litter typically associated with vandal gutting of the interior. I'd certainly pull my ride

upon canal bank to go have a look.. Urban exploration is another interest of mine and in

Detroit I arrived by train, used scheduled DDOT services, to go tent atop an abandoned

factory rooftop. Where you and I differ is probably in our extent of camping imagination.

I also enjoy islands with zero population and especially if military fortification ruins are

present. Such as the one near the secret research facility on Plum Island off New York

State. Absolutely no trailer trash ever go to either.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

When me and my gf both met up in our teens we decided to go camping for the first time. We took a one man tent, a one man sleeping bag, a knife, frying pan and an ax. We went into the mountains of West Virginia. We had a great time but thinking back now I'm surprised we weren't bear food. I say go some place safer like a state park camp ground area. Or, even better, go to your nearest hunting and camping store. Hide in the restroom until they close up and go home for the weekend. Sneak back out to the tent displays with a flashlight and some snacks. Use your imagination. Whatever you do, do not go camping near Coffin Rock. That's where the Blair Witch lives.

• 4 months ago

Haleakala National Park is nice and Bahia Honda in the Florida Keys. Yosemite is also Great. The Grand Daddy of them all!

• 4 months ago

I hear that camping near the pulpit rock area in Prekeistolen Norway is pretty cool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Out on your yard. You may think in the woods would be a good idea, but you can easily go missing or be mauled by an animal. But if you decide to go to the woods just make sure it's safe and there is surveillance.

• 4 months ago

the woods, probably. in a national park, if it's allowed. in a campground.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.