mark asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

How to correctly shave down there? (Men)?

So one night I was stupid and decided to trip my pubes with scissors and shave the rest off dry with a disposable razor, it worked fine until it started to grow back very rough and prickly, so I put some shaving cream on, and took a try, blood instantly, all of the little goosebumps that formed from when I first did it started bleeding so I hopped in the shower and have been afraid to do anything since, the hair is growing back thick and prickly and there are red dots everywhere and it kinda hurts, I’m too scared to try and shave again, what do I do?!?!

IMO waxing is much better. No stubble, no itchiness, no scratchiness. It stays utterly smooth, and sensitive, for weeks and weeks, then grows back in silky, not scratchy.

It does hurt, but not all that much, and only very briefly. Ignore the wimps. Check out 'wax doctor' on xhamster

you should not have any problem at all.You can do it wet or dry.Dry is better.You stand in shower unit or bath.then trim with a good quality razor which you have used few times

It might itch for a day or so.Nothing to worry about.Put some oil or cream and it should be fine

Or you can do this in the bath room.Put a newspapers on the floor and shave.

The bumps or bleeding when shaving is due to wrong razor.Some very cheap razor will make you bleed

So a good quality Gillette is the best and you can use it again and aganin.

Maybe it is a generational thing- but why would anyone want to shave their pubic hair. Many years ago I had a hernia and in those days it was done w/ a large incision across the pubic region- meaning I had to shave off all the hair. No fun- when it started growing back, and in the mean time I did not like the prepubescent look. Obviously it is personal choice. If you are a mature male why not look like one- instead of a little boy? Just an "old country" man's opinion.

shaving is silly and dangerous

• balan

I do this way . Sit nude on a newspaper . Get a ready shaver twin bladed one . Hold the cock with left hand and go on shaving the hairs around the cock , balls thighs near anus , below belly button etc without using any lubricants like soap or cream. It works well .Once you see the hairless cock in the mirror you will enjoy . Apply some prickly heat powder or face powder over the shaved area. Of course it grows back . I regularly do it once a month as i like to have my cock and balls in clean environment and not in hairy jungles. Remember to fold the news paper nicely and dispose the hairs in the dust bin . Regards.

• Sky

First, when you're new to shaving you always want to shave with the grain of the hair, ie. in the direction the hair comes out of the follicles. Second, all those red bumps are from the sharp ends of the hair snagging and irritating the skin as it grows up and back out the follicles/pores. Some of them are probably ingrown hairs, which you may have to extract by actually breaking the skin to pull the hair out. For that you'd need either a good sharp pin, or some very fine point scissors (in either case, sterilize the metal with alcohol first).

It'll take you a good month of regular shaving for the irritation to go away so you can shave with little to no red bumps and itching. In the meantime it may help if you apply an after-shave gel, such as something with aloe in it. After the skin is good and used to being shaved, then you can consider shaving across the grain (sideways) for a closer shave, or against the grain for the closest shave. However, even though the skin will be used to it, there will still be a few bumps that show up, and maybe an ingrown hair or two. It does get better with time and persistent shaving. For some reason I don't understand, the scrotum tends to be far tougher for shaving and never gets any irritation or itching, and only very rarely an ingrown hair.

If you really want that baby-butt smoothness but prefer to avoid any itching or red bumps, one thing I can definitely recommend is Magic Shaving Powder. It's a depilatory that can be found in the black men's hair care section of the store, and is a powder that you mix into a paste, apply to the area you want to de-hair, wait about 10 minutes, and then scrape away with something thin, flexible, and with a sharp (not rounded) edge. Something like an old credit/gift card or a thin flexible ruler works well. The stuff in the gold can works better than the stuff in the white can, and smells better too, IMO.

a) Most men do not shave their pubic hair as there is no reason to do so.

b) Pubic hair has a reason to exist. It helps prevent dirt and bacteria from entering the genitals and vagina on women along with trapping and holding the pheromones (on both sexes) that attract the opposite sex and frequently stimulates the sex drive of the sexual partner during sex.

c) If, for any reason, and most often for medical procedures, you do shave your pubic hair, go with the grain using a sharp new razor and a shaving soap along with hot water. Immediately afterwards use a moisturizer, preferably one with Oleo Vera.

• Mark

Now you know the reason most people don't shave.

Go with the grain, not against it. Use a fresh razor. Rinse often. Otherwise, leave it alone, and allow your pubes to grow back without interferring.