Best options to add a bathroom to a house?

My grandparents live on an island in Washington state, and they have a house with another smaller "guest house" right next door. Although, I wouldn t exactly call it a guest house, considering it does not have running water or a bathroom area (no toilet, no shower/bath, no sink, etc). I am going into my... show more My grandparents live on an island in Washington state, and they have a house with another smaller "guest house" right next door. Although, I wouldn t exactly call it a guest house, considering it does not have running water or a bathroom area (no toilet, no shower/bath, no sink, etc).

I am going into my senior year of high school, and next summer I will be moving into their guest house for the first couple years of college. While I m super thankful that I have the privilege of a rent-free living situation, I am a little bummed about there being no bathroom. I have about $500 in my savings, currently, and I plan on getting to at least $1,000 by the time I move out there next summer.

I don t need a fancy bathroom situation, by any means. But what do y all think the estimated cost for running water, a toilet, a shower (or bathtub), and a sink would come down to? I tried googling it, but I didn t find any answers that were specific enough to my situation. Thanks so much! Sorry if I seem naïve by posting this, I m just trying to figure out the possibilities!
9 answers 9