Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 6 months ago

Can the “cloud” ever be destroyed or deleted? Or would that be impossible. By cloud I mean things like ICloud, azure, etc?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Checkout azure migration

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Yes, it CAN be destroyed or partially destroyed, and not necessarily by something like missiles attacking the buildings withe the server computers. a solar flare induced geomagnetic storm can and has knocked out the servers and and the internet over large areas. An electronic magnetic pulse could do that. The Carrington solar flare event in 1859 short circuited the telegraph system of the United States and took 2 and HF months to YEARS to repair. Technical obsolescence can make accessing data almost impossible. How long has it been since you used 3.5 inch floppy disk or zip drive. The text of my masters thesis is zip discs, but i no longer have a zip drive, and I will not be getting one when I replace my desktop PC.

• 6 months ago

Hi.

Answer is NO.

"The Cloud" as the term was intended is the internet itself. It refers to a constantly expanding entity that grows uncontrolled in any direction & without logic or warning.

As each computer connects to the internet it becomes another possible location for information to travel through or be stored upon, which expands the cloud.

In the way You used it above, You're asking about a "Cloud server" or cluster of them. The

se systems are just compuers running software, so technically anything You can do to Your own computer can be done to them.

The problem comes in when the wrong people get the ability to do stuff to those systems in the cluster, or if one of the systems gets access to stuff they shouldn't.

G'Luck!!!

• Andy T
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

At that point you are referring to a single-point of failure, or scramble for such dire event.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • YKhan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

"The Cloud" is basically the Internet. Or at least one component of the Internet, the storage component of it. The Internet has lots of backup solutions available to it, therefore so does the Cloud.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's a bunch of servers in buildings. Of course it can be destroyed. The companies obviously have backups and the like, but a coordinated attack could in theory destroy lots of data, yes.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well technically the cloud is run on servers so it can be somewhat destroyed, but then you need to also attack the backup server too.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The only way you can destroy the service is if you find a way to infiltrate their server room and smash the servers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.