Is replacing a MacBook battery hard?? Should I get it fixed somewhere?

I went to ifixit.com and there were like 150 steps and it said it would take 2-3 hours replace a battery. I don’t know much about computers, but don’t you just take out the battery and put the new one in? What’s with all the extra work? I was gonna buy the battery and some screws and do it myself, but now I’m... show more I went to ifixit.com and there were like 150 steps and it said it would take 2-3 hours replace a battery. I don’t know much about computers, but don’t you just take out the battery and put the new one in? What’s with all the extra work? I was gonna buy the battery and some screws and do it myself, but now I’m rethinking it all. Should I? Will I mess up my Mac if I do? I’m thinking it’s just better to get someone to do it for me if it’s that difficult. My model is the 2017 MacBook 12 inch A1354, if that’s any help.