Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 months ago

Is replacing a MacBook battery hard?? Should I get it fixed somewhere?

I went to ifixit.com and there were like 150 steps and it said it would take 2-3 hours replace a battery. I don’t know much about computers, but don’t you just take out the battery and put the new one in? What’s with all the extra work? I was gonna buy the battery and some screws and do it myself, but now I’m rethinking it all. Should I? Will I mess up my Mac if I do? I’m thinking it’s just better to get someone to do it for me if it’s that difficult. My model is the 2017 MacBook 12 inch A1354, if that’s any help.

• David
    Favorite Answer

It isn't simply a case of unscrewing the back and unplugging the battery, if you had bothered to read the ifixit instructions properly you would know this. The battery is glued into the laptop and other components have to be disconnected as well. If you do this without care you risk puncturing the battery with a risk of fire, I think you should get a repair workshop to do this for you

Apple intentionally tries to prevent anyone repairing their devices. For safety purposes, use their instructions.