Is IRA & 401K A SCAM?

I saw this 60 minutes documentary on YouTube, apparently a lot of people had lost their entire or most of their life savings 401k. I believe this was back in the 2008 crash or recession. These people where hoping to retire at their age but could not afford to. It was really sad. 😔 I found out In The video that... show more I saw this 60 minutes documentary on YouTube, apparently a lot of people had lost their entire or most of their life savings 401k. I believe this was back in the 2008 crash or recession. These people where hoping to retire at their age but could not afford to. It was really sad. 😔
I found out In The video that there are fees deducted from your 401k savings & people didnt know about them. I heard that every 10 to 25 years the economy will crash again just like it did in 2008 but this time it will be much much worse. And I don't think that we fully recovered from the 2008 crash I think that we are still in a recession. What do you think?