Is there any car with a naturally aspirated V6 that can beat a Type R in a race?

my friend was raving about the Type R and how 4 cylinder Turbos are much better than V6's. While the Type R has 306 Horsepower, I think the Chrysler 200S with 295 horsepower, Dodge Charger SXT with 300 horsepower, and the Maxima with 300 horsepower can compete with the Type R.

It will be close but I think the Charger could beat it.

I am talking about a 06-/drag race

Not sure why you would want to compare a 4 cylinder with forced induction to a N/A V6. The Type R has to be ran very hard to deliver the goods. Sure, it's up for the task but it will fail eventually from driving it at it's limits. Being a factory turbo from Honda....well, I will reserve judgement on that, but Honda isn't known for making reliable turbo engines ( the first gen Acura RDX-with factory turbocharged K24, the current 1.5 turbo I4 -used in the CR-V and less Civics- should be an indicator). Custom builds are made into reliable turbo engines.

In response to Human Pin Cushion: the Type R is a real car. The "R" is for racing. If you test drove one on a track, you'd be whistling a different tune. You'd wonder how a front drive car can handle as well as it does. They're are amazing to drive.

• not

You can simply look up 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on the internet for production cars.

Type R is for girlie girls. Stop prancing around in front of the mirror in bra and panties and get a real car OK.