High blood pressure?

I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and I had high blood pressure from all the stress I had. The doctor said they can’t prescribe me anything yet because they don’t know if it’s just from the stress and that in a few months if I get checked out and I still have it I’ll get prescribed something but i’m so nervous i’ll have it still and that raises it, can someone please relax me?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

ignore 95% of the crap above ..... Numerous factors cause Hypertension Various parts of the world have differant dietary issues and stresses and environmental issues so You have to do your own homework and figure out what yoru problem is , In some places Salt in food IS the biggest issue in other places some of the retards here Thing salt has NOTHING to do with it Live IN saudi Arabia or similar environment then so you need salt.. till then learn something for yourself https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pres...

• 5 months ago

Eat low sodium foods and exercise.

• 5 months ago

Just FYI, iodine is KEY in the human body. You get iodine from you guessed it: salt.

Salt, pink Himalayan salt is rich with nutrients your body needs to carry out metabolic responses for proper body function. Do your research on diet for blood pressure. Have salt, the good kind, and harass your doctor with the proper treatment. Advocate for yourself or doctors will write you off. I cannot stress this enough. Do yourself some research, and come loaded with questions for your doctor. If he can’t answer....get a new one. Definitely cut out deli meats full of nitrates and trans fats. (These build plaque on the walls of your vessels, if BP is high there is more narrowing of the walls) find foods that are good for lowering cholesterol. Good luck!

• ◄♦►
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

You were doing good until you got to the "cut out deli meats" stuff. Cholesterol obtained from food doesn't go straight to the arteries - it is stored until it is needed. And if it builds up in the arteries, then it is needed there. http://www.purewatergazette.net/drbatman.htm

• 5 months ago

12 Simple Natural Remedies To Manage High Blood Pressure

(Click link below) :-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

Faith In God Removes All Fears - By Saint Shri Sathya Sai Baba

12 Herbal Remedies for Depression and Anxiety - Mental Health Food

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

There are guided meditations on YouTube for reducing high blood pressure.

• 5 months ago

For heaven's sake, forget the "avoid salt" scam! This lie has been keeping people on high blood pressure meds since high blood pressure meds have been prescribed.

The medical profession doesn't understand the roles of salt in the body, and so they tell people to stay away from it just because it is usually accompanied by high blood pressure - a logical assumption, but WRONG.

The "salt causes high blood pressure" claim is a myth that doctors still use to explain their fraudulent theory on high blood pressure. 

Along with water, salt is one of the two most important nutrients the body needs to live. When doctors claim you eat too much salt and that it retains too much water in the vessels, they're ignoring how the body was designed to take care of itself - yes, you do get too much salt in processed foods. But the body takes what it needs and discards the rest, just like any other nutrient. You never hear warnings about eating too many bananas (excess potassium) or drinking too much milk (excess calcium and Vitamin D) or ANY food containing Riboflavin (is there such a thing as "too much Riboflavin"?). 

So why do they have you avoid salt? 

It's because they can't explain how salt works in the body. When the body retains salt it does so for a reason. And that reason is actually based on their own false theory of high blood pressure. Again, they claim that salt holds too much water in the vessels. Thus, they agree with salt's ability to hold onto water but they're putting the cart before the horse. 

The body retains salt because you don't drink the water you should and it has to get water wherever it can to protect the cells from damage due to dehydration. The water that the salt absorbs is from food and gets stored in the extremities (leg swelling, puffy ankles, and fingers, etc - aka "edema"). 

This water stored as edema is used to inject into the dehydrated cells. The raised blood pressure is used for this filtration/injection process. The numbers on the blood pressure readings are a window into this process - the top number represents the pressure being used to inject the water into the cells and the bottom number is the amount of force needed to maintain the top number while the heart is between beats and no direct pressure is being applied. 

When diuretics are prescribed, it's from here that the water and salt are removed, not the vessels - the vessels are feeling the effects of dehydration (lack of water volume) and thus do not have "too much water". As the water and salt are removed from this area, less pressure is needed to inject into the cells and this is the reason the blood pressure goes down. 

When the medical profession convinces you that water isn't important ("drink fluids" - "fluids" and water are not the same thing) and that salt is bad for you, they are giving you wrong advice. When you follow this nonsense, you are depriving your body of the two most important nutrients it needs - a combination of errors guaranteed to create health problems. 

All you need to do is increase your water intake and ignore any concerns about salt. When your body gets the water it needs and the blood pressure normalizes, it will discard any salt it doesn't need to maintain a balance.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sure, as a start adapt your diet.

No More:

SALT

Processed Meats,

Deli products.

Frozen Pizza,

Frozen Dinners,

Restaurant foods.

No Pop Corn.

Only low sodium foods, Examine the Nutrition Labels (some lie on the front of package).

• 5 months ago

next time -after a fortnight or so

fortify yourself with just two drinks

half an hour before going for BP check up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.