Why do women expect MAN to pay on 1st date?

I’m a 25 year old woman. Working on my masters and have a great job. As a modern woman, it astounds me that lots of my female friends said they would not go on 2nd date with woman if he did not pay for first date. Really? What century are we living in? I mean 60 years ago, it was understandable as women did not... show more I’m a 25 year old woman. Working on my masters and have a great job.

As a modern woman, it astounds me that lots of my female friends said they would not go on 2nd date with woman if he did not pay for first date. Really? What century are we living in?

I mean 60 years ago, it was understandable as women did not have jobs. Therefore, men had to pay. However women have exact same opportunities that are provided for men. And I think the unemployment rate for women is actually lower. Believe it or not, the number of female breadwinners for families is growing very fast in the country. Meaning more and more women are getting jobs where they have higher salary than their hubby

So why do women expect men to pay? Isn’t this very outdated idea?