Getting car insurance without a license?

I’m trying to buy a car so I can learn on it and get my permit. The auto company found a car for me and I got a loan from the bank go purchase the vehicle. However they said I must have car insurance before I can sign for it.. I’m having trouble fining a car insurance that will accept me without having a license yet.. any suggestions on good car insurance company’s that would accept me?

How old are you? are you a 'adult' that can sign a contract? That may be your problem, still legal 'child' . Insurance on car as long as you have a 'interest' and are legal adult is what insurance company looks for, no drivers license needed, just insurable interest. Drivers license not issued to 'children' without parents or guardian consent- that may be the problem and a 'adult' would know that, would have given age or child/adult status in initial query.

That is what mom and dad were for.

The problem isn't getting the insurance it is satisfying the bank who holds the loan. They will require specific coverage, Collision, Comprehensive, uninsured driver, etc. There are very likely insurance companies that will provide this, however the cost may be prohibitively expensive.

.... really nibba

You need a drivers license jojo.

• May

USA answer;

There are many insurance companies who will insure your car without you needing a drivers license. Simply find one. Those companies will insure your car if you have a "insurable interest" in the car. Companies, the disabled, the wealthy all own and insure cars without having or needing a drivers license so that others may drive those cars to chauffeur the owner(s). People who say you MUST have a drivers license to insure a car are 100% DEAD WRONG !

None. You can't buy a car and learn on it and then get your permit. You have to get your permit first, learn on someone else's car, get your license, and then buy your first car, in that order.

Think about it. Does it make sense that any insurance company would sell you insurance when you aren't legally allowed to drive the car???

There aren't any. No one would insure a car owned by a person who has no legal right to drive the car.

get your license back first, THEN buy and insure a car.

You're doing this in Full Wrong mode.

You can't insure a car without a drivers license.