How do I ask to be paid after pet sitting?

So a casual friend of mine recently contacted me to pet sit her cats. Her family would be gone about 11 days while traveling to Canada. It was odd that she just contacted me out of the blue (we are not close), however I agreed. Her mother wrote me a two pages list of chores to do and gave me a half hour tour of the... show more So a casual friend of mine recently contacted me to pet sit her cats. Her family would be gone about 11 days while traveling to Canada. It was odd that she just contacted me out of the blue (we are not close), however I agreed. Her mother wrote me a two pages list of chores to do and gave me a half hour tour of the house about a week in advance.

She wanted me to change the 4 litter boxes once a day, feed the cats wet and dry food twice a day, change the cats water 3 times a day, feed the fish twice a day, change the pool skimmer box everyday (it was so gross!), and play with the cats daily. Her mom also texted me a ton to make sure I was doing my job. I sent her pictures of her cats as requested and even changed the pool water.

The family just came back home about 3 days ago. So far, I have not received so much as a thank you. I am frustrated because it was a lot of pressure on me to take care of these cats. I also cannot drive yet, so I had to bug my mom to drive me to their house 3 times per day. How should I ask if I am going to be paid? Payment isn’t even a big deal, but a gracious thank you would be just as good. Adding fuel to the fire, my friend just posted that they bought another cat yesterday. Ugh