How to reject a love confession?

My best friend just confessed that she loves me and has loved me for years (I suspected it for a while, but I didn't want to make any assumptions). She's a wonderful person, but I don't feel any romantic feelings towards her and I'm not gay. She got advice from some of her other friends who said... show more My best friend just confessed that she loves me and has loved me for years (I suspected it for a while, but I didn't want to make any assumptions). She's a wonderful person, but I don't feel any romantic feelings towards her and I'm not gay.

She got advice from some of her other friends who said that if I really were her best friend, that I would understand and that I may even accept her feelings, regardless of her gender.

Now, some of them are even pushing me to date her or saying stuff like how we would make a cute couple or that they support us in everything, despite the fact that we aren't dating. It started off as just playful banter or encouragement, but now it feels like they're trying to pressure me into saying yes. One even said that I should just go for it because I don't even know if I don't like girls because I've never been with one before.

I don't know how to tell her that I don't love her and I'm sure I never will. I don't want to destroy our friendship, but they've built her hopes up so high at this point that I'm just bound to break her heart.

Any advice?