Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 8 months ago

Is it true that you can force a horse to follow you by saying “yip yip” to it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

definitely not lol horses aren't like dogs in that sense. Most horses I know would just walk away or look at you like you're crazy haha

• Login to reply the answers
  • Snezzy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You can herd sheep by saying yip yip, and I know this because I do it all the time. Your horse, however, will think you are bonkers and will laugh at you.

The amount of material that you have yet to learn about horses is tremendously large. You could fill a book with all the stuff you don't know. Indeed, there are tens of thousands of those books, mostly derived from what Xenophon wrote about 2400 years ago. You could start with Xenophon.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You weigh 150 pounds and the horse weights 1100 pounds.

You cannot "force" the horse to follow you if it doesn't want to.

Horses can be trained to do all kinds of amazing things, but it's a partnership between human and horse, not "force".

Horses have to be taught what verbal cues mean. There is no universal horse language whereby all horses understand "yip yip" to mean the same thing.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. And if you are asking this kind of question, it's obvious that you know nothing about horses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

i would try it and see and then you'll know if its true or not

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

A horse spat at me when I tried. It followed me when I shook a bucket of food though. The latter works a treat.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Absolutely. But it has to be a trained horse who was genetically modified to respond to "Yip yip"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.