Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 7 months ago

hello, recently got a car from my parents and if i ask them this they will be mad. i pressed really hard on my brakes and it made a sound.?

i did not notice the person in front of me brake light so when they stopped i put a lot of pressure on the brakes i wasn't going that fast but it make almost a knocking noise like three times until i released them. is my car broken!???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • mel23
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Just abs. Normal

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Brakes NEVER BREAK. Unless you were the Incredible Hulk. But you ain't. Don't worry about breaking stuff. Worry about hitting the car in front of you.

• J J
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Well it seems that everyone has said it was the ABS system and not to worry. If that were true you would have felt the brake pedal pulsing, you didn't say anything about that. So if the pedal pulsed I agree it was the ABS but if it didn't then you have another problem.

• 7 months ago

The ABS makes a clunking noise when it kicks in. No worries.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bryan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It sounds like maybe your anti lock brakes kicked in. Its a safety feature in which a computer keeps you from slamming on the brakes so hard that you lose traction. If that is what it was, you probably didnt hurt anything. Do pay attention out there though. Driving demands a lot of attention and practice.

• 7 months ago

There is no problem. That was just the automatic braking system (ABS).

• CB
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

AKA - Anti-locking Brake System

• 7 months ago

Sounds like the ABS kicking in (releasing the brakes and reapplying them so you do not skid and lose control). This is normal and good. In winter.on ice, you will appreciate it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.