How to save money?

I am currently living paycheck to paycheck with a less than desirable salary. I have over $7000 of debt , which I hope to be able to pay it off by end of this year. At times, I get upset thinking where did all my money go and how come I haven't been able to save any money. I help my parents pay for house bills... show more I am currently living paycheck to paycheck with a less than desirable salary. I have over $7000 of debt , which I hope to be able to pay it off by end of this year. At times, I get upset thinking where did all my money go and how come I haven't been able to save any money. I help my parents pay for house bills on top of my own bills. Sometimes I feel like such a failure when I compare myself to others my age (30) who are living a comfortable life.

My only way to think positive is by keep reminding myself that once I pay off the debts, despite still paying for utility bills, at least then I will be able to start saving money. Even then might not be a lot, and it would take time, at least I'll see progress.

How do you guys who are in similar situation do it?