I applied vinegar to a piece of magnesium limestone I found. I expected there to be an apparent reaction but I could not observe one?

is this to be expected. My reason for asking is because I wanted the magnesium limestone to neutralise the excessive acidity in the soil of my yard. Before I was about to grind it up to apply to the soil I though I would just put a bit of vinegar on to test. I expected it to bubble up but it didn't. Will it be... show more is this to be expected.
My reason for asking is because I wanted the magnesium limestone to neutralise the excessive acidity in the soil of my yard. Before I was about to grind it up to apply to the soil I though I would just put a bit of vinegar on to test. I expected it to bubble up but it didn't. Will it be any good for de acidifying my soil?