is this true in britain?

i saw someone on a youtube video mention that immigration to britain from the third world is increasing at a staggering rate, he said there are one million immigrants from the 3rd world which come to britain every year.

is this true? because i thought how can there be hope for britain, its way of life, infrastructure, heritage and cultures when immigration is that high?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Based on the numbers Britain releases on its own immigration the figure is actually just under half that. But most of those are actually from other EU countries. So I guess if you get your Brexit you'll have only those third worlders coming in.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Wouldn't your thought of how can there be hope not be better concerned regarding your illiteracy?

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No as per usual you watch/read/listen to spurious information often from extreme right wing political persons who prey on the fears of people like you.

The largest number of migrants are from the EU mainly uneducated.unskilled people who arrive with their large families to acquire free housing, from benefits, free health care, free dental treatment which is one of the reasons some people voted for Brexit to stop this EU citizen freebie lifestyle

• thanks for your views, i do not listen to far right, this i heard from someone commenting was on an ordinary bbc politics video.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. That is not true at all. Only the US takes over 1,000,000 immigrants per year. And not even all of those are 3rd world. The UK takes far fewer immigrants, and most are EU people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Most immigration comes from other EU countries. However whats become apparent is how large a family Muslims tend to have. If they had the same number of kids as native British citizens did there wouldn't be anywhere near the number of Muslims in the UK. Take a look at how quickly the populations rise in the places they've come from. What is around 3.5 million today in 10 years could easily be 5x that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.