Can I switch a helix percing to a plastic one after 4 weeks?

See I got my ear pierced with a helix and the one below that and then the following week I got a letter saying that I have an MRI scan appointment (I m not willing to disclose what for) and I know you re supposed to take out piercings. I already have long healed ones in my face which I can just take out. I bought... show more See I got my ear pierced with a helix and the one below that and then the following week I got a letter saying that I have an MRI scan appointment (I m not willing to disclose what for) and I know you re supposed to take out piercings. I already have long healed ones in my face which I can just take out. I bought some plastic ones for my ear because I know I m not supposed to take them out but honestly I have no other choice. It will be a hour or two at the most and I ll soak the metal percing I salt water before putting it back in. I think I ll be alright judging that my ear is no longer sore. I m really checking with others to see what they think.