Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 7 months ago

i just saw a house for sale for 6,500, the neigborhood looks safe te home itself looks in great conoition and yet its only 6,500?

its pretty big and theres no hoa fees, and the propety tax is 5 dallors? it just seems so suspuicious. can any tell me what probalem it may have?

Update:

what does it mean wen it says Tax assessment increased by $483,000 because of the renovation. Tax increased by $3867 for FY2018. Estimated tax for FY 2019 is $14,647

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Are you sure that there aren't three more zeros after that 6500?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

ready to fall down/condemned

• 7 months ago

maybe a typo............how can we guess without seeing the listing? or maybe it is a rental, even if listed in the sale section

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yeah, no. NOPE NOPE NOPE. There is no way this is correct. It's either being sold "AS IS," or that's the rent. AS IS homes are usually garbage on the inside, no plumbing, no electric, rotten inside with termite damage and has significant damage inside, period. It may look nice outside, but looking nice has nothing to do with it. Many homes look nice outside, but that in no way means they are livable at all.

Or again, could be the rent, but I don't think you saw what you think you saw. Homes for sale at this price usually cost thousands of dollars to renovate and get up to code.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Are you sure this isn't the monthly rent?

Rentals are, sometimes, co-mingled with sales on some sites.

• Without seeing the ad for the house, I couldn't tell you what the issue might be. What are the values of similarly priced homes in the same neighborhood and on the same street? Zillow could tell you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.