Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

I am finally single after over 2 years of an unhappy relationship. Is this a reason to believe in Jesus?

He was not the best boyfriend and he was 23 without a license and enjoyed being lazy and on drugs. I am a woman who is trying to go to nursing school. I also thought about getting involved in a good church, losing weight, and becoming more financially independent.

Favorite Answer

John 4:16-18

Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

• David

Going to Jesus is always a good idea, regardless of your background. I highly recommend being born again. Clearly, you've made some poor choices. Get on the right road.

• Pyrus

Of course. Especially if it helps, and most definitely (and I can't stress this enough) if it is not forced. Belief in Jesus cannot be forced. (For me, it helps, because it's my choice and I'm not forced. That's what helps me build my faith and be better than who I am, but that's just me of course).

Anyway, it's good that you have left your boyfriend, because if it was bad enough in such a relationship, just imagine how bad it would have been if you were engaged or even married to him (+ kids!!). Going to church helps, but in a specific way for every individual. Just make sure it focuses on the doctrine of Trinity (teaches it correctly), and everything is fine :)

As for losing weight... that's on you, I won't comment.

No, but it's a reason to be glad that you removed yourself from such a dysfunctional relationship.

It seems that you are on the right path, practically speaking.

SURE WHY NOT? PRAY FOR COMFORT AND GUIDANCE and good luck dear.

No. Here is a complete list of reasons to believe in Jesus:

1. You've met him.

2. Something has happened that cannot be explained by science, including psychological science.