Trey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

What happens if I ate leftout food overnight?

I left my Mongolian stir fry type thing in the microwave for about 14 hours. I ate about half 20 minutes ago and feel fine, will anything happen to me. I’m going to eat the rest later on so I put it back in the microwave. The food was covered, just left in the microwave for 14 hours. It contained some vegetables, noodles, and beef. Will I get food poison?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Fourteen hours is plenty of time for bacterial cultures to have grown in large numbers. Whether they did or not, who knows? But if they did, you can expect vomiting and/or diarrhea within six hours of eating, and it will last from twelve hours to twenty-four.

    Heating it steaming hot will *not* kill enough bacteria. The worst food poisoning I ever got was from something served very hot. (I theorize that my burnt tongue kept me from tasting it had gone over.)

    I would not have eaten it.Too big a risk.

    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

      how do you know that this is what made you sick? Genuine food poisoning can take anywhere from 6 hours to a couple weeks. Without actually being tested for what made you ill, you could have gotten sick from something you ate the day before.

  • 5 months ago

    i doubt it's bad unless it was over 90 degrees in your house overnight

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Last time I posted about food poisoning I got 5 thumbs down. But I see you people eating pizza left on top of the refrigerator for days, ranch dressing left out on the table turning green, half and half with your coffee been out for a week, 5 month out of date sauce, etc. I'm surrounded by health code regulation posters 12 hours a day. While they tend to be overly strict, you people are disgusting!

    14 hour beef has the chance to make you very sick. It's all about the amount of what type of bacteria and your immune response. Just like the war analogy, sometimes you can fight it off, sometimes you can't. It doesn't matter about being covered. The material is decomposing. In the fridge, it is just decomposing slower because the cold slows down the bacteria that do so. It's those bacteria that get us sick when we eat them.

  • 5 months ago

    I would not eat any more of it.

    And sometime in the next 4 to 6 hours I would make a run (no pun intended) to the store for the following.

    a few mindless magazines

    more toilet paper

    a package of some OTC medication that will ease the Nausea, upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhea that you may experience.

    Some clear soda, ginger ale or a lemon lime type flavor. Ginger ale may help more than the lemon lime stuff.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gabe
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

    What happens? Eat, s hit repeat s hit X 5

  • 5 months ago

    hopefully you wont but i wouldnt eat anyrnore if youre worried about it

  • 5 months ago

    you may be fine or you may get sick. No way to know. In general, its not a good idea to do that but I have heard of others who have done that and never ever get sick.

  • 5 months ago

    Cabbage, noodles and rice spoil fast.

    So... check your food really good. Mold doesn't grow visibally right away. But if it smells or tastes bad, it's bad.

    You can probably get away with it if the temp is 20-30f in your kitchen.

  • .
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    You gonna die......some day anyway

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.