Goku asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

Do open accounts reported to credit bureaus reflect negatively on your credit even when you paid on time?

Capital One reported a balance of $29 to my credit report. I pay all my balances early. It currently says it's an open account and it is in good standing. I even called Capital One and they said they report balances monthly. Will this reflect negatively on my credit even when I paid on time? Just a little worried.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Not at all, no.

• ele6 months agoReport

Wanna Check your credit score for FREE!! Hurry....

Click here Get your Credit Report online in just 2 minutes with IndiaLends absolutely Free

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Yes it sure is the case

• ele6 months agoReport

Click here Get your Credit Report online in just 2 minutes with IndiaLends absolutely Free

• In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Having accounts in good standing positively affect your credit report. It shows that you use credit responsibly and are a good credit risk.

• ele6 months agoReport

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Your credit is based on open and closed accounts and if you pay on time or not. So this balance check pretty much means nothing.

• ele6 months agoReport

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Technically, yes, but not significantly if it's only $29. It's not negative enough to even notice the effect until it reaches 10% of your credit limit and it's not really bad until it reaches 30% of your credit limit.

• ele6 months agoReport

• 6 months ago

hopefully it wont, i would just call thern up and ask thern

• ele6 months agoReport

• 6 months ago

actually it will help you. Open accounts in good standing with no balance show you know how to use credit. For more information, google "should I close a credit card account".

• ele6 months agoReport

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It can, for example if you use all your available balance

• 6 months ago

All accounts report monthly... If you have a balance on the day they reported it will show. If they report after you have paid it shows zero balance but still reports. This is how your credit score goes up or down. Paying on time makes it go up.

• 6 months ago

No, if you are paying your debts on time, an open account does no affect your credit. Keep up the good work!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.