How to deal with a cockroach issue (legal advice )?

I moved into a rental townhome in Ottawa, Canada recently and have been having trouble with cockroaches. We take measures to keep the house clean but it doesn’t seem to be enough. After self treatment failed I got upset and called the landlord for professional spraying. They came and sprayed and then came back... show more I moved into a rental townhome in Ottawa, Canada recently and have been having trouble with cockroaches. We take measures to keep the house clean but it doesn’t seem to be enough.

After self treatment failed I got upset and called the landlord for professional spraying. They came and sprayed and then came back two weeks later for a gel treatment in kitchen and bathrooms. To this day we are still seeing the occasional about once a day or so and as I write this they are doing a second spraying.

Would it not be logical to spray all the connected homes at once to eradicate the issue ? I brought this up to the exterminator but he said he can only spray where he has been directed to by the land lord. When I wrote an email asking for the second spraying to the land lord he said for “legal reasons” he can’t speak to specifics but he does know there are some “troublesome” units nearby.

Honestly I love the house but I just want to get rid of the issue. I plan on speaking with a lawyer in the near future but I’m wondering if there is anyone who can give me any advice on what to do / who to talk to / what the expected remedy should be. I am in Ottawa (Ontario ) Canada and the lease states that the land lord needs to keep units in good condition and up to health and safety regulations.

If anyone knows what my next steps could be please let me know, greatly appreciate it