Marvin
Marvin asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 7 months ago

I guess using incognito mode, and using an ad blocker is working. I am largely obfuscated on the internet. What do you think?

I also use a VPN much of the time.

It has been about six months since I received an email solicitation. The same is true for postal solicitations. Nobody leaves fliers on my door.

The ads at the right are completely random, and not a single one applies to me. They are the typical random ads for auto insurance, eyeglasses, entertainment, vacations, etc. Overall they are the typical ads everyone sees. None are specific to my age, gender, or location.

Cookies do not persist. If I close the window, I am logged out when I open it again.

I do not use facebook, instagram, or any of them.

I have taken dozens of simple steps to prevent my ISP from gaining and selling information tied to my name and address.

Increase your Instagram followers from Followfans.com

• keerok

Hahaha! You still see ads?

• Marvin

I am not talking about pop ups. I never get those. I am talking about the standard Yahoo ads you see to the top right of your screen right now.