Any books similar to suite francaise?

I'm a huge Outlander fan and recently stumbled upon the movie/ book suite francaise - i loved suite francaise but absolutely hated the ending with "spoiler" Bruno's death.

Does anyone know of any WWII books similar to suite francaise but preferably with a happier ending?

Favorite Answer

The best thing to do is just read every WWII book you can but don't read the last chapter, just in case they end sadly, you twit.. After all, you're a "huge" Outlander fan.

• I’m someone who is a sucker for happier romance. Outlander is a little similar to Suite Française in the fact of it being not in this era. So sorry I wasn’t that clear just wanted an answer but seeing you’re so bored that I guess calling me a twit gives you a better satisfaction than doing that.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing any connection between 'Outlander' or 'Suite Francaise' apart from the fact that both were written by women.

• It’s the books not being in this era.

Basically just wanting an answer not really a comment 😌