w asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 5 months ago

Why does my newly built PC crash when playing games?

I just built my first pc with the help of a guide (or two) so I m not very tech savy yet at all. But I can t imagine it s the hardware, my pc isnt overheating and I didn t overclock it whatsoever. Any suggestions on what the issue could be or how to troubleshoot it?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

How do you know it’s not overheating? Are you watching the temperatures with a program like HWInfo64?

It could be a software issue. Have you tried using Display Driver Uninstaller to eliminate the current Graphics card drivers, then reinstalling them. Have you tried making sure you have Windows up to date and all the drivers are installed?

If the PC cant pass a battery of stress and benchmark tests like Prime95 Blend, Aida64, Cinebench r15 and r20, Firestrike, Unigine Superposition, and Furmark then it’s most likely a hardware issue.

Have you tried running the game with only 1 stick if RAM?

The issue could be a bad power supply, bad graphics card, a bad stick of RAM, drivers or overheating.

• 5 months ago

Hook up power to video card?

Power supply may be too small.

• w5 months agoReport

The PSU I have is 600w and the reccomended for my video card is 500w. Could it be the PSU even if the pc doesn't completely turn off? The fans and lights still run but the PC restarts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.