Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 6 months ago

Can I say this to my driving examiner?

I'm about to take my driver's test and I'm going to be extra nice to get on their good side. Would it be a good or bad idea to say this:

I know you've been examining multiple people, and I understand you're probably exhausted so you're thinking of this as a chore—my apologies if I'm wrong—but don't think of this as a chore. I hope you have fun being my examiner today.

Also, is it okay to tell him/her to adjust the chair to their comfort?

Please help!! The test is in two hours.

I didn't say it. I just said hello and that she can adjust the seat if she wanted to.

I passed with 5 mistakes! I was scared because I got the lady who fails everyone. She said I was the first person who passed for her,

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

That's a little over the top and won't help you pass. A simple hello, good afternoon, or whatever is sufficient. There's no harm to telling them to adjust the seat if they wish. Thank them when you are done, no matter how it went.

• Joe

It never hurts to be nice and say something friendly. If someone doesn't respond nicely it's their problem. You tried to put a little happiness in their day and they declined, for whatever reason. Don't worry about it. Always be friendly !!

What you say is "Hello" then answer any question you are asked.

Then get on with your driving test. If you are concentrating properly you won't have time to chat.

• Gabe

If you want to come off as a needy insecure dirt bag sure say what you have written down.

• JetDoc

NO, DUMMY. The examiner is not there to have fun. Just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told.

• Road warrior

Some testers are Assholes; some are Civil. Best to Default that not everyone is a dickwad. Even dickwads inwardly Like being treated as human.

You can do whatever you like, it is a bad idea to pander and assume stuff. Do what you are told to do and do it correctly and you will be fine. Less talk, more action.

That's seen as sucking up. He's probably think you're trying to make up for deficiencies in your driving. Just be polite. In the South, we address people as "sir" or "ma'am".It couldn't hurt.

• PAMELA

No, you say hello and follow their instructors!

No, Don't be nice to the point of being obsequious - that more likely to put you on their bad side.

Just focus on the driving