Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 6 months ago

Can I say this to my driving examiner?

I'm about to take my driver's test and I'm going to be extra nice to get on their good side. Would it be a good or bad idea to say this:

I know you've been examining multiple people, and I understand you're probably exhausted so you're thinking of this as a chore—my apologies if I'm wrong—but don't think of this as a chore. I hope you have fun being my examiner today.

Also, is it okay to tell him/her to adjust the chair to their comfort?

Please help!! The test is in two hours.

Update:

I didn't say it. I just said hello and that she can adjust the seat if she wanted to.

I passed with 5 mistakes! I was scared because I got the lady who fails everyone. She said I was the first person who passed for her,

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's a little over the top and won't help you pass. A simple hello, good afternoon, or whatever is sufficient. There's no harm to telling them to adjust the seat if they wish. Thank them when you are done, no matter how it went.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It never hurts to be nice and say something friendly. If someone doesn't respond nicely it's their problem. You tried to put a little happiness in their day and they declined, for whatever reason. Don't worry about it. Always be friendly !!

• 6 months ago

What you say is "Hello" then answer any question you are asked.

Then get on with your driving test. If you are concentrating properly you won't have time to chat.

• Gabe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If you want to come off as a needy insecure dirt bag sure say what you have written down.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

NO, DUMMY. The examiner is not there to have fun. Just keep your mouth shut and do as you're told.

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Some testers are Assholes; some are Civil. Best to Default that not everyone is a dickwad. Even dickwads inwardly Like being treated as human.

• 6 months ago

You can do whatever you like, it is a bad idea to pander and assume stuff. Do what you are told to do and do it correctly and you will be fine. Less talk, more action.

• 6 months ago

That's seen as sucking up. He's probably think you're trying to make up for deficiencies in your driving. Just be polite. In the South, we address people as "sir" or "ma'am".It couldn't hurt.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, you say hello and follow their instructors!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No, Don't be nice to the point of being obsequious - that more likely to put you on their bad side.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just focus on the driving

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.