Help with a story title?

I'm writing a story about someone who is so damaged psychologically from trauma that the doctors deem it best to simply leave her to live in her fantasy world. My current title is: A Most Beautiful Mind. I feel that it will give the story away and I want it to unfold very slowly. Any other suggestions?

• P

The trauma within

Crippled Inside

What you see is not what you get

If only you knew

invisible fantasy

The wall between us

Dreaming of reality

Born to be alone

When the world collapsed

Inner glass. You should put glass in it

Beautiful Mind has been used in a movie !!!! you add the word Most really? The Glass house.. ....referring to her entrapped mind

''Kaleidoscopic Mind''

you could do "traumatised" or "the world i left" maybe "left to my own fantasies" hope that helps but just keep writing anyway

The title also confuses people since it's too close to the movie title A Beautiful Mind.

Pick another title. Inner World, or something like that.

• David

Doctors would not do that. Trauma exposure will worsen if untreated. Living in denial is not treatment.

• Andrew

My suggestion is to complete the story, proofread it, edit it, revise it, refine it, rewrite it in its entirety to reflect all changes, then think up a title. A title is the last thing you ought to be concerned with at this stage.

And have a bit of a rethink about the doctors in your story. Any doctor whose opinion is "Oh well, I've tried everything, guess I'll just have to accept the fact that this person is beyond help", is in the wrong profession.

You don't need a title yet. Call it 'A Most Beautiful Mind' or 'Trauma' so you can find the story in your files, but the right name will probably emerge as you write the story.

Just get on with writing it.