Will quitting coffee help me lose weight?

So I’ve always enjoyed coffee. It was always like a nice little treat for me. Every once in a while my mom would take me to Starbucks or something and buy me a Frappuccino or an Iced coffee. This would happen maybe once a month. Until I discovered that Starbucks made drinks that they sold in stores close to my... show more So I’ve always enjoyed coffee. It was always like a nice little treat for me. Every once in a while my mom would take me to Starbucks or something and buy me a Frappuccino or an Iced coffee. This would happen maybe once a month. Until I discovered that Starbucks made drinks that they sold in stores close to my house. The little Frappuccinos that come in the glass bottles. Then my coffee intake became more frequent. I’d have 2-3 of those drinks a week. Then I started to depend on coffee. It made me feel energized, happy, and good overall. I started having McDonald’s coffee- frappes (which are TERRIBLE for you) and iced coffee. And Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee or frozen coffee. Pretty soon I was having one to two coffee drinks a day. Before I became so obsessed with coffee I was 115 lbs. now after about 3 years of coffee almost every day I weigh 148. I can’t continue being the size I am. I’m disgusted with myself. I know I need to quit coffee for good. Will that help me shed off some of the extra weight? Please don’t be mean or call me dumb, I’m genuinely curious if this well help me, of course along with exercise and dieting.
15 answers 15