Allergic to Poison Ivy, Help!?

Is there anything you can take to prevent the allergic spreading of poison ivy if you think you may be exposed? Like if you were going on a hike in the woods or planning a camping trip? My boyfriend gets it so easily, seems like he doesn't even have to touch it just be in the same vicinity as the plant, it... show more Is there anything you can take to prevent the allergic spreading of poison ivy if you think you may be exposed? Like if you were going on a hike in the woods or planning a camping trip? My boyfriend gets it so easily, seems like he doesn't even have to touch it just be in the same vicinity as the plant, it spreads through his blood to the point where his whole body is pretty much covered. Unlike someone that's not allergic, as they usually only get the rash in the spot that came in contact with the oil. I'm just wondering if there's something to combat the spreading? I feel so bad for him he gets it multiple times a year (Iv'e never had it myself i could roll in the stuff and not get it)
6 answers 6