Allergic to Poison Ivy, Help!?

Is there anything you can take to prevent the allergic spreading of poison ivy if you think you may be exposed? Like if you were going on a hike in the woods or planning a camping trip? My boyfriend gets it so easily, seems like he doesn't even have to touch it just be in the same vicinity as the plant, it spreads through his blood to the point where his whole body is pretty much covered. Unlike someone that's not allergic, as they usually only get the rash in the spot that came in contact with the oil. I'm just wondering if there's something to combat the spreading? I feel so bad for him he gets it multiple times a year (Iv'e never had it myself i could roll in the stuff and not get it)

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Try technu products. They have a protectant he can put on before he goes out and they also have after-exposure products.

• Lexis6 months agoReport

Thats awesome thanks!! Im going to go buy a gallon or two haha

• Mark

Long pants and high boots.

He could discuss this with a doctor. I don't know

• Lexis6 months agoReport

If you dont know why answer?

Stay out of the woods.

• y

Before going, start antihistamines, long pants, long sleeve shirt, avoid rubbing up against anything and such. Really all he can do. Might want to speak to his doc to see if they can prescribe something prior, so he has it on hand and such.

call a doctor or hospital and get off the computer